Changing from C to F
- Press the trigger to power the thermometer on.
- Once "Lo" is displayed, press and hold the "Setting" button until "F1" appears, then release the button.
- While "F1" is displayed, use the "+" or "-" buttons to change from °F (Fahrenheit) or °C (Celsius).
- Press the "Setting" button four times until the thermometer powers off to save your settings.
Thermometer does not power on after pressing the measurement/trigger button
- The batteries are most likely out of power. Please replace with a new set of AA alkaline batteries.
- After installing new batteries, double check to see if they are installed into the correct position.
Temperature reading is low
- During the temperature measurement, you must remain still.
- Keep away from any airflow that may disrupt the measurement.
- Take measurements 1-2 inches away from the center of the forehead.
"HI" code indication
- Temperature is greater than 109.2 °F (42.9 °C) on body mode.
- Temperature is greater than 176 °F (80 °C) on object mode, or environmental temperature is beyond the maximum range.
"Lo" code indication
- Temperature is less than 89.6 °F (32.0 °C) on body mode.
- Temperature is less than 32.0 °F (0 °C) on object mode, or environmental temperature is beyond the minimum range.
"Err" is appearing on the LCD
- Data error; please contact support at (800) 467-6408.
Battery icon is flashing
- Indicates low battery power. Please replace with new alkaline batteries.