Choosing a read-out mode (Fahrenheit or Celsius):
- Press the trigger to power the thermometer on.
- Once "Lo" is displayed, press and hold the "SET" button until 'F-1' appears for a brief second, followed by '0.1'; you can now release the "SET" button.
- Press the "SET" button two times until "F-3" is displayed.
- While "F-3" is displayed, use the up or down arrow buttons to change from °F (Fahrenheit) or °C (Celsius).
- Press the "SET" button two times until the thermometer powers off to save your settings.
Thermometer does not power on after pressing the measurement/trigger button
- The batteries are most likely out of power. Please replace with a new set of AAA alkaline batteries.
- After installing new batteries, double check to see if they are installed into the correct position.
Temperature reading is low
- During the temperature measurement, you must remain still.
- Keep away from any airflow that may disrupt the measurement.
- Take measurements 1-2 inches away from the center of the forehead.
"ErrE" error code
- EEPROM malfunction; please contact support at (800) 467-6408.
"Err" error code
- Connectivity issue with the sensor; please contact support at (800) 467-6408.
"HI" code indication
- Temperature is greater than 108 °F (42.2 °C) on "Body" mode.
- Temperature is greater than 176 °F (80 °C) on "Surface" mode, or environmental temperature is beyond the maximum range.
"Lo" code indication
- Temperature is less than 89.6 °F (32.0 °C) on body mode.
- Temperature is less than 32.0 °F (0 °C) on object mode, or environmental temperature is beyond the minimum range.
"ErH" error code
- The ambient temperature is too high.
"ErL" error code
- The ambient temperature is too low.